Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What is This Plant?

Planting seeds can be fun, especially when they germinate and grow! But what if you don't remember what you planted, or, what if the plant coming up looks like a weed? I've already had that happen to me! I was growing a plant, or so I thought, and it looked nice and healthy. It didn't have a label, but I thought I planted stevia seeds in the pot, so I was hoping it might be a stevia plant. But lo and behold, it was a beautiful weed! In fact, it was a dandelion!
  I seem to have some mystery plants, mainly because I either depended upon my memory, or, the labels disappeared or got ruined by water. I memorized certain plants that I planted all at once. I planted the seeds of Mangosteen, goji berries, and soursops. I planted 10 of each. The soursops were in white saucers. The Mangosteens were in black saucers, and the goji berries were in black saucers, but the pots were different. The only thing that has come up so far is the Mangosteens. And the pots seems consistent too. But the plant doesn't really look like Mangosteen, or anything worthwhile. And recently, a thin stalk came up and on the tip are some little tiny yellow flower buds. So, to me that is confirmation of the plant being a weed. However, I will ask around and see what others say when they look at the picture.
Maybe Mangosteen

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am trying to grow fruits that have abundant nourishment in them, especially nourishment that would help provide protection from cancer cells growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment