Monday, September 9, 2013

Why Grow Cotton?

   As I emptied one of my supplement bottles this morning, I remembered the time I actually grew cotton. Whenever I am on the last capsule and it is time to dispose of the bottle, I always save the cotton ball on the top. Kind of like recycling and saving money at the same time. I will use the cotton balls for skin care or for stuffing toys, like catnip toys for the cats.
   Cotton was actually fun to grow. I primarily grew cotton as an education experience for my children. The problem was, I didn't know what to do with the cotton once I harvested it. Because it was so precious (homegrown by me) I didn't even want to use it. But what could I do with cotton anyway?
   I could have used it for skin care. If I were really creative, I would use it for making fabric! We could actually grow our own clothing now! But only if I grew tons of cotton, I guess.
  Well, like I said above, I could use them to make catnip toys. If there were any way to protect the gardens from the outside cats, I could grow catnip (Been there. Done that). Forget growing catnip though, if you have neighborhood cats. Cats have a very keen sense of smell and can detect catnip from very far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment