Saturday, March 18, 2017

Huge Sweet Potato

I was digging in the garden today and felt a rather large sweet potato buried in the dirt. Actually, I was pulling out weeds by the roots, and found this sweet potato. Had to get a shovel to dig it out with.

As I work with cleaning out the garden bed, I get a little produce here and there. Here is a compilation of what I collected recently.


Am ready to pull up some of the carrots. I planted 3 different colors. So far the yellow has definitely done the best. The purple did ok. The beets really didn't grow well, for some reason.

I have a few snow pea plants that are bearing fruit right now. Not much though. What can you expect from 4 or 5 little plants?

Lemon tomatoes are growing ok. They had brown spots on them, but that might be due to the cold weather we have had this year. The plants made it through the cold, but the tomatoes that were on the plants did not do all that great.

While I was at Tractor Supply yesterday, I picked up some strawberry plants. Most of the last strawberry plants I had died. I have 2 or 3 that are still alive. What I didn't realize was that in the package (which is labeled non-GMO), there are 20 strawberry plants. Now I have to find places to plant them.

All of the squash plants I planted died. They all seemed to have some kind of virus and all appeared to die from the same thing. I planted cucumbers in a new garden bed and will see how they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment