Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, And More Colorful Tomatoes!

   I'm stepping out in faith here, trusting that all my different tomato plants will grow and bear fruit. If that does happen, we will have a wide variety of vegetables, especially tomatoes and peppers. Wouldn't it be cool to make a salad from vegetables in the garden including black tomatoes (dark purple in color), red tomatoes, pink tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, and striped tomatoes? What will I do with all these tomatoes if they grow?
   I was looking on the Internet for recipes and found a few. Sun dried tomatoes make a very pretty filled jar. Have you ever had tomato soup cake? It tastes really good! How about tomato sauce for pizza or spaghetti? How about yellow tomato sauce? That would be interesting! I can make salsa, sauce, ketchup, barbecue sauce, and several other things with tomatoes. Plus, tomatoes are good for you!
  On the side of the page, you can go to the tomato recipes board on Pinterest. I will be collecting tomato recipes on there and you can browse through them as well.
  In my research for recipes, I even found a tomato recipe for tomato cobbler, tomato jam, and filled, fried tomatoes. Tomatoes can also be dried and used in other recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't choke on the tomato skins! I have an ancestor who choked to death while eating a tomato.

    ReplyDelete