Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My New Compost Bin Plus Compost Tea From My Worm Bin

  My plants really need to eat well, so I have invested in a small compost maker to work literally side by side with the worm compost bin. When I ordered and received the compost bin, a bag of microbes was included. You are supposed to sprinkle the microbes on the chopped up food that is placed in the compost container and wait a couple of weeks. It should be well made compost by that time. I will update and upload pictures as things happen.
  Here is the picture of compost tea made by the red wriggler worms:
Compost tea made by red wriggler worms
eating leftover food scraps

     Here is a picture of my new bin. Maybe I should get another one as well, that way while one is composting, the other can be collecting new food scraps. Also available are containers to put food scraps in before they are taken to the compost pile or bin. They are designed to sit on the counter top. Other compost bins are bigger and some have a turning device as well. 

Indoor compost maker makes compost and compost tea in
a couple of weeks.
I would not even have thought about using an indoor compost bin except for the fact that I can no longer put compost outside in the garden area as critters come in when they smell the food scraps and think they are at a restaurant. Making the compost inside will work out much better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment