Friday, April 26, 2013

The Garden Beds Today

As you might know from reading this blog, I have 8 garden beds that were started when we moved to this house 10 years ago. A couple if years ago we had the garden beds completely cleaned out. I had brought some blackberry plants from the other house and they had taken over the whole garden area. For a while we had a lot of blackberries but that was short lived. Well I let the blackberries grow back last year to see if they would grow fruit on them. My experiment showed that no fruit would grow on them, plus, it would take a lot of work to get them out if the garden area again.





I am using black and white newspapers for mulch, plus shred up vegetable and fruit scraps. The squares that are between the garden beds need to have more mulch added to them. On the bottom picture, you can see the contrast of the fresh mulch I put in, as compared the the other squares that have mulch that has been in there for years. I have faith that it will all come together as soon as I get the last two garden beds in the back cleared out.

No comments:

Post a Comment